Everyone can carve out 5 minutes each day to keep yourself and your family healthy. You may need to make trade-offs, but it will be worth it. Here are five things you can do to make your home safer and healthier.
- Program the poison control number (1-800-222-1222) into your cell phone.
- Inspect your door locks and make sure the doors can be opened by a child in an emergency.
- Test your smoke alarm to make sure it doesn’t need a new battery.
- Wash your hands while singing the “Happy birthday song” twice.
- Take 3 minutes to de-clutter a drawer or the steps. Put things away and toss items you no longer need.
There are many benefits to making your home a healthier place for you, your family and your pets. Check back for more tips on things you can do to improve the health and safety of your home.