Why go green?
- Reduce the use of natural resources to serve the future generations of people on the planet.
- Reduce household chemicals and contaminants to create a healthier home environment.
- Make your own green cleaning products and save money.
- Buy less and recycle to reduce waste on the planet.
- Set a good example for the younger generations.
Ready to start going green?
Your choice to live greener is the catalyst to building a greener neighborhood. Everyone benefits from the action that makes a positive impact on the environment. Here are some ways to get started.
- Learn What You Can Do
- Organize a Community Recycling Event
- Use the Household Emissions Calculator to see your emissions then hold a neighborhood competition to see who can reduce their personal greenhouse gas emissions.
- Use EPA Smart Strategies
- Take a global view – Join Billion Tree Campaign
Popular blog posts
More Housing Resources
More information about housing and the home environment is available on the UGA Extension Housing website.