We are looking forward to seeing you at some of these upcoming meetings and events listed below.
Upcoming Worth County Extension Production Meetings
- Worth County Peanut Production Meeting – January 30, 2023 at 12:00 noon *(WCAP)
- Tift Watermelon Production Meeting – January 31, 2023 at 12:00 noon (Tift Co. Ext. Office)
- Worth County Row Crop Weed Management Meeting – February 9, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. *(WCAP)
- Worth County Cotton Production Meeting – February 28, 2023 at 6:00 p.m. *(WCAP)
- Worth County Row Crop Disease Management Meeting – March 14, 2023 at 12:00 noon *(WCAP)
- *Worth County Ag Pavilion (WCAP)
Other Worth County Meetings and Events
- Farmers Appreciation Banquet (by Sylvester Worth County Chamber of Commerce Ag Committee) – January 17, 2023 at 6:00 p.m.
- Feral Swine Workshop & Trapping Demonstration (by Middle South GA Soil & Water Conservation District) – February 21, 2023 at the Worth County Ag Pavilion. Register by Feb. 16 at: www.gacd.us/events
- GDA Egg Candling Class in Worth County – March 8, 2023. For more information, visit Worth Co. Egg Candling Class. Registration is required and spaces limited.
Other Meetings of Interest
- SE Regional Fruit & Vegetable Conference – January 5-9, 2023 – Savannah, GA
- Beltwide Cotton Conference – January 10-12, 2023 – New Orleans, LA
- Georgia Corn Short Course – January 17, 2023 – Tifton, GA (or virtual) – registration is required – visit bit.ly/3W09zQ7 to register by 1/13/23
- GA Peanut Farm Show – January 19, 2023 – Tifton, GA – www.gapeanuts.com
- GA Cotton Commission Annual Meeting and UGA Cotton Conference – January 25, 2023 – Tifton, GA – register at Annual Cotton Meeting
“All About the Pod” podcast
If you have not heard this, you don’t want to miss it. Our own Macie Wheeler, UGA graduate student, hosts this podcast that she began in 2022. Get connected on Twitter @allaboutthepod . Listen to the latest episode – Episode 13 – See You At Production Meetings in 2023!. This is a great podcast series! Find out more at: All About the Pod
2023 Southwest Georgia Master Cattleman Program
This is a UGA Extension training series for cattlemen that will be January 10 through February 28, 2023 on Tuesday evenings from 6:00-8:00 p.m. in Albany. The registration deadline has been extended to January 9, 2023. This would be a great opportunity for Worth County cattle producers, and it is in our area. For more information and to register, contact the Dougherty County Extension Office, or for online credit card registration, go to https://t.uga.edu/8AT. See the flyer below for details.
If we can be of assistance to you at Worth County Extension, please let us know!