The Commercial Dairy Heifer Project has since its inception attracted large numbers of youth from across the state of Georgia. A project that fosters the development of a number of skills such as large animal care, work ethic, team work, positive attitude, patience, responsibility, dedication and good sportsmanship, the project also engages youth in the agricultural sector. This project also allows youth members to directly interact with the tremendous dairy producers of our state while building friendships that will last a lifetime.
What do you need to get started in the project? Ultimately, you need a willing attitude with a sincere interest in dedicating yourself to this project! Then..you need to locate your agricultural education teacher or 4-H extension agent for assistance in participation. They will guide you in the next steps of locating and selecting a heifer for your project.
- 2018/2019 State Show Rules and Regulations
- 2018/2019 Commercial Heifer Quick Reference
- To stay up to date on the UGA Commercial Heifer Show, follow the UGA Dairy Science Club on Facebook
- Locate your local extension office
- My experience in the Commercial Heifer Project