The Water at UGA site is provided by the UGA CAES Water Resource Management Specialist, Dr. Gary L. Hawkins, and the UGA CAES Water Resources Team. The Water Resources Team is comprised of County Extension Agents representing the three different programs areas (Agriculture and Natural Resources, 4-H and Family and Consumer Sciences) within UGA Extension. The Team members are: Terri Black, Helen Carter, Chesley Davis, Katie Hammond, Brenda Jackson, Sonya Jones, Kevin Livingston, Dana Lynch, Wanda McLockin, Jennifer Miller, Steven Patrick, Jake Price, Chris Tyson, Jessica Warren, Trish West, Suzanne Williams, Tripp Williams and Wade Parker. The blog is designed to provide information on water issues in Georgia spanning an area from the Coast to the Mountains.
- Dr. Hawkins attends Global Water Security Conference for Agriculture and Natural Resources October 8, 2018
- NOTICE: Upper Oconee Regional Water Planning Meeting Announcement October 4, 2018
- NOTICE: Middle Ocmulgee Regional Water Planning Council Meeting Announcement October 4, 2018
- Altamaha/Suwanee-Satilla Joint Water Council — Date Correction September 12, 2018
- Altamaha/Suwanee-Satilla Joint Water Council September 7, 2018
- Bath bombs and your septic tank August 18, 2018
- USGS Water Resource Website
- USGS South Atlantic Water Science Center’s (SAWSC) Website. This resource provides water information for Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
- The 40 Gallon Challenge is a call for residents and businesses to reduce our region’s water use on average by 40 gallons per person, per day. The challenge began in 2011 as a voluntary campaign to increase water conservation.