The Water at UGA site is provided by the UGA CAES Water Resource Management Specialist, Dr. Gary L. Hawkins, and the UGA CAES Water Resources Team. The Water Resources Team is comprised of County Extension Agents representing the three different programs areas (Agriculture and Natural Resources, 4-H and Family and Consumer Sciences) within UGA Extension. The Team members are: Terri Black, Helen Carter, Chesley Davis, Katie Hammond, Brenda Jackson, Sonya Jones, Kevin Livingston, Dana Lynch, Wanda McLockin, Jennifer Miller, Steven Patrick, Jake Price, Chris Tyson, Jessica Warren, Trish West, Suzanne Williams, Tripp Williams and Wade Parker. The blog is designed to provide information on water issues in Georgia spanning an area from the Coast to the Mountains.
- SepticSmart Week – Day 5 – Don’t Strain Your Drain! September 17, 2020
- SepticSmart Week – Day 4 – Pump Your Tank! September 17, 2020
- SepticSmart Week – Day 3 – Don’t Overload the Commode! September 15, 2020
- SepticSmart Week – Day 2 – Think at the Sink! September 15, 2020
- SepticSmart Week is here September 13, 2020
- Flood from fixing a fence post May 21, 2020
- USGS Water Resource Website
- USGS South Atlantic Water Science Center’s (SAWSC) Website. This resource provides water information for Georgia, North Carolina, and South Carolina.
- The 40 Gallon Challenge is a call for residents and businesses to reduce our region’s water use on average by 40 gallons per person, per day. The challenge began in 2011 as a voluntary campaign to increase water conservation.