When I called my colleague and fellow quilter, Dr. Bodie Pennisi, earlier this year and asked her if she’d be willing to help me with an MGEV quilt project, she was so excited! I think she said something to the effect that I made her day or month or year or something, combining plants and fabrics. We’re pretty excited to be working on such a special project.
I know I am really looking forward to our quilting workshop that is coming up soon! I can’t wait to visit with each of you as we work together on this special commemorative project. This weekend, I will tear myself from the vegetable garden long enough to pull together fabrics, patterns, and supplies while my mom, my resident quilting expert, is visiting. I bet we can stitch together some fun blocks for the quilt. Maybe it will even rain! Talk about a great day!
I digress…back to the quilt workshop!
So, if you are interested in participating in the project, here are the details for our workshop on August 23:
- Dr. Pennisi and I invite those interested in working on the project to join us in Griffin for a fun day of stitching and “sewcializing”! It does not matter if you have been putting together blue ribbon quilts for years or if you are brand-new to the art. We welcome all of you with an interest in this project.
- We have reserved Stuckey Auditorium here on the Griffin campus. It has plenty of space for all of our creativity. We’ll get started at 10 am and wrap up by 3 pm. There’s no charge for the workshop, and we’ll figure out lunch based on your reply.
- If you are planning to come, please let us know by filling out this registration form. Registration deadline is August 16, 2019. I will be sending confirmation details that week.
- We shared details about the quilt in a previous post. I’ll send those details to you again when I confirm your workshop participation.
- If you want to contribute to the quilt, but cannot participate in the workshop, we still welcome your contributions to the project. Simply send your quilt squares to us here at the State Program Office, 1109 Experiment St, Griffin, GA 30223. Include your name and county, and even a little story about your square.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!