We got the impression that you were curious about the Grow Strong! agenda for April 9, 2019. So, we thought we’d share some details!
We use our Grow Strong! updates to find out what the latest research is telling us as it relates to our five state initiatives. This year, you get a bonus speaker because there are just topics MGEVs need to know about. Here’s our lineup:
- Pollinator Stewardship — We’ll hear the latest on how to take care of our pollinators.
- Natives and Invasives — We need to fully understand the topic, related issues, and how to talk to our clients, people who seek information from Extension.
- Horticultural Therapy Projects — You all enjoyed Martha DeHart’s 2017 presentation so much that I have invited another speaker to address how these types of projects can led by Master Gardener Extension Volunteers.
- Vegetable Varieties — I promise a lively session about new vegetable varieties available!
- Environmental Education — Explore Environmental Education resources and projects for engaging youth in horticulture and experiencing plants.
- Value of Landscaping — This could get interesting! There is so much to talk about! Citizen science trials, benefits of experiencing plants at a wide range of levels, vegetables, health, I could go on and on!
We’re so excited about the Grow Strong! day, and thought you might be, too, that we decided to extend the early bird registration discount until March 8! Be sure to get the discount code and all the details from the “Plan Your Day” worksheet on our event website. Jot down the code so you have it to enter at the very end of the unregistered guest TouchNet store checkout. See you in April!