6th graders are celebrated at overnight Rock Eagle DPA November 3-4, 2023
4-H Project Achievement is the premier public speaking and demonstration project experience available to all 4th-12th grade students and is held at different times of the year.
Susan Goldman recently took nine Madison County 6th graders on this educational experience. These students boarded our new bus and traveled to the Rock Eagle 4-H Center.
Eleven counties within Northeast District was represented with 396 youth competing in various project topics. Madison County 4-H won two awards: the Largest Increase in Sixth Grade Participation and the Largest Percentage of Increase in Sixth Grade Participation.
And the winners are…
- Henry Bartenfeld – 1st Place in the Target Sports project area demonstrating “Archery”
- Mackenzi Costello – 2nd Place in the Horse project area demonstrating “All About Equine Tack”
- Branson Flynn – 1st Place in the Historic People project area demonstrating “Dale Earnhardt”
- Oakley King – 1st Place in the Swine project area demonstrating “Pig Shows”
- Mason Maloney – 1st Place in the Robotics project area demonstrating “Advanced Robotics”
- Donny Drew Roberts – 3rd Place in the Historic Places and Events project area demonstrating “Vietnam”
- Carsen Stewart – Honorable Mention, 5th Place in the Between Meal Snacks project area demonstrating “Apple and Sesame Salad”
- Grayson Stuchell – 2nd Place in the Poultry Science project area demonstrating “Caring for the Backyard Birds”
- Ellery Tyson – 1st Place in the Geology project area demonstrating “Layers of Rocks”
Thankful for all your help…
We couldn’t provide these programs without the help of our supportive parents, adult volunteers, and teen leaders. A special thanks to Amber Gross (UGA Cooperative Extension Certified 4-H Volunteer), Bailey Bennett (Northeast District Board Member and Georgia 4-H Certified Teen Leader), and Savannah McDaniel (Georgia 4-H Certified Teen Leader) for their time during the weekend and making sure things ran smoothly. What would our program be without our fearless 4-H and Youth Development Agent, Susan Goldman? She works tirelessly to put programs together and will not slow down until our youth succeed in whatever they set out to do.
Our work is not done! This spring, 4th-12th graders will have the opportunity to compete in DPA at the Rock Eagle 4-H Center. We look forward to working with more competitors so they can have their time in the spotlight.
For more information about Georgia 4-H Project Achievement, visit https://georgia4h.org/programs/project-achievement/.