By now most of you should know that you need to be trained once again to use the new Auxin Technology that is available for many of our agronomic crops. The reason for the training is to update producers on label changes, to satisfy requests from the EPA, and ultimately protect this technology for farmers in Georgia and the southeast. The Georgia Cotton Commission and UGA will be hosting the 2019 Cotton Production Workshop on January 30th in Tifton. Call 229-386-3416 or visit The Cotton Commission Website to RSVP.
Here are the details.
Engenia, FeXapan, XtendiMax
1. As mandated by federal labels, one must hold a private or commercial pesticide applicator license to purchase and use these restricted use herbicides. Use is limited to ONLY those persons holding a private or commercial applicator certification.* It is no longer permissible for non-certified applicators to apply these products under the direct supervision of the certified applicator.
2. Prior to applying these products in 2019, ALL applicators must be trained according to the federal labels. In Georgia, applicators must complete the 2019 Using Pesticides Wisely classroom training. If you attended this training in 2015, 2016, 2017, or 2018, you must re-take the training in 2019.
3. Industry applicator trainings are encouraged and beneficial; however, they will not fulfill Georgia’s requirement for auxin training.
4. Each label requires certified applicators to document application information. Forms have been designed to help with this challenge and can be found at your local UGA Extension office, from the herbicide registrant, or at http://www.agr.georgia.gov/24c.aspx
Enlist Duo or Enlist One
1. All persons in charge of in-crop applications (planting through harvest) of Enlist Duo or Enlist One in Enlist cotton or soybean must complete the Using Pesticides Wisely classroom training. If you attended this training in 2015, 2016, 2017 or 2018, you must re-take the training in 2019.
Once the final list of training dates is available we will pass it along to our producers.