Communications Awards by Kim Post
Now that we are in March, you have (less than) two weeks remaining to apply for NACAA/GACAA Communications Awards. They are due March 15, 2022, and can include any materials you have used in your programming since March 15, 2021. I would definitely encourage you to apply as there are some categories currently with zero entries. This is an excellent opportunity to earn recognition for your work and add to your dossier!
Categories and application process are available here: https://www.nacaa.com/-information—instructions
Scorecards are here: https://www.nacaa.com/uploads/userfiles/files/2020Scorecards.pdf
Please let one of the Communications Committee co-chairs know if you have any questions about categories or submitting your entries.
Josh Grant – email@example.com
Kim Post – firstname.lastname@example.org
Search for Excellence by Tripp Williams
This is a great opportunity to showcase your work at a national level in working towards promotion. We currently have 2 submissions and are 13 days away from the March 15 deadline for Search For Excellence Award submissions. Please see below information regarding Search For Excellence Award submissions for the National Association of County Agricultural Agents Annual Meeting and Professional Improvement Conference 2022 in West Palm Beach, Florida July 17 – July 22. DEADLINE for entries must be received by March 15.
References for a successful online submission:
- All Search For Excellence Award submissions are submitted online at: https://www.nacaa.com/award-application
- Read submission guidelines: https://www.nacaa.com/search-for-excellence-programs-information, and the judge’s scorecard: https://www.nacaa.com/search-for-excellence-scoresheet
- Be sure to read and understand submission guidelines.
If you have any questions, please consult The County Agent magazine awards Edition pages 5 and 7. If you would like, you can always contact your state Professional Excellence chair via email (email@example.com).
Poster Session by Clark MacAllister
Please see below for information regarding poster submissions for the 2022 NACAA AM/PIC. We only have one person who has submitted posters so far…
The on-line submission must be completed by March 15, 2022. You will also need to upload a pdf copy of your poster by this date.
• Minimum poster size is 36” x 36”. Maximum size is 44” x 44”.
References for a successful online submission: https://www.nacaa.com/guidelines
• All poster abstracts must be submitted at the NACAA website. Once logged in , you will click the Dashboard heading, then scroll down to the middle of the page and click Poster Applications under Applications.
• Read submission guidelines and find the judge’s scorecard on the NACAA website under Professional Development > Posters.
• Reminder: abstract is limited from 150 word minimum to 350 word maximum. Be sure to read and understand poster submission guidelines.
• If you have any questions, please consult The County Agent magazine awards edition or contact your state Professional Excellence chair via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone. Keep in mind that as this year’s meeting is in-person, you will be need to register for the meeting and bring your physical poster for display.
Login Assistance with NACAA Website by Brooklyne Wassel
As many members are aware, NACAA has a brand new website! While the new site offers a much needed update, some things were lost in translation from the old platform to the new one. If you are experiencing difficulties logging in to the new site, please email NACAAEmail@aol.com to receive a password reset and full access to your account. Do NOT wait until the last minute to ensure you have access to the site.