A website from UGA Cooperative Extension

The Evans County Peanut Growth Regulator Plot was plant at Bell Farms in Evans County. Two varieties were planted and one treatment was sprayed with a growth regualtor and one was left as an untreated check. The two varieties were GA 06-G and GA 12-Y. The growth regulator did not seem not have much effect on yield with the GA-06G, but the GA 12-Y saw about a 500 lb. yield increase when compared to the untreated. The yield results are posted below.

The grades for the GA 12-Y Untreated were 67 % Total SMK and 5% other kernels. The 12-Y Treated graded 60% Total SMK and 8% other kernels. The GA-06G Untreated graded 70 % Total SMK and 4% other kernels. The GA-06G Treated graded 74% Total SMK and 3% other kernels.

University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Veteran, Disability Institution. If you need a reasonable accommodation or language access services, contact the Evans County Extension office at 912-739-1292 and wgreene5@uga.edu, at least three weeks prior to the program date.

Posted in: ,