From healthcare providers and nonprofits to county officials and faith leaders, the 2023 Farm Stress Summit welcomes all who want to further their efforts in combating farm stress within our communities. Our goal is to learn from each other, connect communities with existing resources and establish partnerships across organizations.
As a bonus, attendance of this event offers up to 2.5 CEU contact hours for social workers.
Register online before March 17.
Speakers will focus on farm family health and wellness, including strategies for enhancing collaborations at the local, state and national level to cohesively support farm families as well as proven and emerging practices for combating farmer mental health challenges.
Breakout sessions will focus on identifying and leveraging existing community resources and natural supports as well as developing a list of relevant needs.
Marshal Sewell, Strategic Account & Partnerships Manager, Bayer Crop Science; Founder, ‘Mind Your Melon’
- Kevin Tanner, Commissioner, Georgia Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Disabilities
- Stephanie Basey, PhD Student, Rural Health Sciences Program, Mercer University School of Medicine
- Tyler Harper, Commissioner, Georgia Department of Agriculture
- Anna Scheyett, Professor, University of Georgia School of Social Work
- Jennifer Dunn, Southwest Area Health Agent, University of Georgia Cooperative Extension
- Christina Proctor, Health Promotion & Behavior Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Georgia College of Public Health
See the Agenda and Details below
For more information, visit the following website: https://extension.uga.edu/topic-areas/timely-topics/Rural/farm-stress-conference.html or contact your local county agent.