The Water at UGA site is provided by the UGA CAES Water Resource Management Specialist, Dr. Gary L. Hawkins, and the UGA CAES Water Committee. The Committee is comprised of County Extension Agents representing the three different programs areas (Agriculture and Natural Resources, 4-H and Family and Consumer Sciences) within UGA Extension. The Committee members are: Terri Black, Helen Carter, Chesley Davis, Jennifer Grogan, Katie Hammond, Jay Hathorn, Brenda Jackson, Sonya Jones, Charles Lancaster, Kevin Livingston, Dana Lynch, Wanda McLockin, Jennifer Miller, Steven Patrick, Jake Price, Chris Tyson, Laura Walton, Jessica Warren, Trish West, Suzanne Williams, Tripp Williams and Wade Parker. The blog is designed to provide information on water issues in Georgia spanning an area from the Coast to the Mountains.
- Flow Rate Calculation in a Small Stream May 19, 2018
- Freshwater in the Great Lakes January 12, 2018
- Water Education for the young and young at heart January 8, 2018
- Converting a School Bus in A Desalination Plant January 4, 2018
- Drew’s Life Changing Journey December 20, 2017
- UGA Extension Agents travel to Virginia to learn about well water program December 15, 2017
- Coming soon!
- The 40 Gallon Challenge is a call for residents and businesses to reduce our region’s water use on average by 40 gallons per person, per day. The challenge began in 2011 as a voluntary campaign to increase water conservation.