Hello Walk Georgia Friends & Supporters!
We’re so proud to announce the new Walk Georgia program launches, SUNDAY, Feb. 1st! Below are some things to remember. Let’s let this be a fresh start for all of us!
- REGISTER: Even if you’ve been a part of an old Walk Georgia program in the past, you must re-register on the new site: walkgeorgia.org. If you have any problems, email .
- SHARE: Explore the website and enjoy all the ways you can use the new site to connect in your community. We have improved groups, customizable challenge sessions, and links to fitness resources in EVERY Georgia county! Don’t forget to share fun updates and pictures on Facebook, Twitter (@Walkga) and Instagram (@WalkGeorgia or #walkgeorgia).
- PLAY: The Atlanta Hawks are having an INCREDIBLE season! They are partnering with us to host a Walk Georgia event at their game on April 4th. Tickets are just $15.00! They are playing against the Brooklyn Nets. Click here to sign up and make sure to share this incredible opportunity to organizations in your county, like 4-H groups, scouts, and church youth groups. You may even see the Nets’ biggest fans Jay-Z and Beyonce!
- SAVE THE DATE: April 18, Walk Georgia Explores Cloudland Canyon State Park! Classes planned include Hike the Canyon, Yoga, Disc Golf, Geocaching, Healthy Snacks and a self-guided hike. Lunch provided for a small fee. Participant cost is $10 per person and includes a t-shirt! Registration site is in development. Lodging is limited, so we encourage those interested in participating to go ahead and make camping or cottage reservations SOON! http://www.gastateparks.org/CloudlandCanyon
- SNAP! Tuesdays we will be encouraging folks to take the stairs (not the elevator, escalator, or ramp) on our blog. Send us a picture of your favorite staircase for a chance to be featured; show folks that YOUR county Walks Georgia!
Questions about any of this information or the new site? Email us!
Move more, Live more,
The Walk Georgia Team