Enjoy spring produce with this nutritious, low-calorie salad made with quinoa, pecans and kale or spinach.
- 2 cups whole grain (brown rice, Kamut™, quinoa)
- 2 tablespoons oil (canola or vegetable)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped (pecans, walnuts)
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (cranberries, cherries, raisins)
- 1 bunch kale or 10-ounce package spinach (about 6 cups)(torn into bite-size pieces)
- 1Cook whole grain according to package directions. Cool.
- 2Whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper in a large bowl..
- 3Stir apples, nuts, dried fruit, and whole grain into dressing.
- 4Toss greens with other ingredients.
Substitute 2 cups of chopped fruit (strawberries, grapes, oranges) for the apples.
Do not give honey and nuts to infants under one year of age.
Nutrition analysis uses 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.