Mid-July brings fresh tomatoes to mind. We are excited to try this beautiful tomato caprese recipe and hope you will too!
- 2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, each cut into 4 1/4-inch-thick slices (reserve any extra for another use)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 8-oz. ball fresh mozzarella, cut into 8 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- In a small bowl, stir together olives and oil.
- Place a slice of tomato on each of 4 small plates; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Top each with a slice of mozzarella, then a basil leaf. Repeat layering one more time. Top each stack with a slice of tomato and garnish with basil leaves.
- Drizzle olive dressing over each stack. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Yield: Serves: 4 (serving size: 3 slices tomato, 2 slices cheese, 4 basil leaves, 2 tsp. olive dressing)
|Calories per serving:||256|
|Fat per serving:||22g|
|Saturated fat per serving:||9g|
|Monounsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Polyunsaturated fat per serving:||0.0g|
|Protein per serving:||10g|
|Carbohydrate per serving:||4g|
|Fiber per serving:||1g|
|Cholesterol per serving:||46mg|
|Iron per serving:||0.0mg|
|Sodium per serving:||393mg|
|Calcium per serving:||17mg|