We LOVE tacos. “Love” doesn’t quite do it justice when it comes to our feelings for tacos. They are the medium for just about anything (and are a great end-of-the-week way to clean out your refrigerator).
You can have thai tacos, fish tacos, bbq tacos– the list goes on! The classic ground beef taco can’t be beat, but we try to limit our red meat intake to once a week. Our solution for the classic taco without red meat is fresh ground turkey, and with this perfect blend of spices your significant other, kids, or cat will be none the wiser. Enjoy!
Spicy Turkey Tacos
You’ll Need –
1 pound ground turkey
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce 1 teaspoon chili powder
1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder 8 taco shells, hard or soft 4 oz. shredded cheese
1 cup shredded lettuce
1⁄4 cup taco sauce
- Wash hands and assemble clean equipment.
- Brown ground turkey in large skillet and drain off grease.
- Add tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, oregano and garlic.
- Simmer 5 minutes. Spoon turkey mixture into hard or soft taco shells.
- Top with shredded cheese, lettuce and taco sauce.
Makes 8 servings
Nutrient Analysis, per serving: 217 calories, 11 g. carbohydrate, 15 g. protein, 13 g. fat, 2 g. dietary fiber, 60 mg. cholesterol, sodium 405 mg.