1. Place the 6 tortillas on a clean surface.
2. Place 1/4 cup of hummus in the center of each tortilla. Use a butter knife to spread the hummus evenly from side to side across the center of the tortilla.
3. Top the hummus with 4-6 red pepper strips and 1/4 cup grated carrots.
4. Divide the spinach leaves evenly between each tortilla, arranging the leaves over the top of the vegetables.
5. Fold the bottom edge of the tortilla up and over the vegetables, and then continue rolling up to the top edge.
6. Cut each wrap diagonally across the center width of the wrap.
7. Place both halves on a plate to serve.
- Consider using other vegetables in this wrap. Cucumbers, zucchini, and shredded purple cabbage would be colorful and delicious.
- This wrap is also a satisfying snack to share with friends.
Food Demonstration Samples: To serve for a demonstration tasting, cut each wrap into 4 equal pieces. Place a toothpick through each piece and assemble on a tray. Alternately, place each sample piece in a small cup. Makes 24 samples.
Meal Pattern Contribution Statement
Legume as Meat Alternate: 1 wrap provides 1.25 oz eq meat alternate, 3/8 cup red/orange vegetable, 1/8 cup other vegetable and 1.75 oz eq grains.
Legumes as Vegetable: 1 wrap provides 1/4 cup legume vegetable, 3/8 cup red/orange vegetable, 1/8 cup other vegetable and 1.75 oz eq grains.
Legume vegetable can be counted as either a meat alternate or as a legume vegetable but not as both simultaneously.