Want to bring something really special for the holidays that doesn’t use a pound of flour, butter or sugar to be sweet?
Voila! We have the perfect sweet treat! This delicious truffle is packed with flavor and antioxidants, plus each truffle is pretty low in sugar!
And the best part? This super simple recipe can be accomplished in just about 15 minutes, but looks like you spent hours (though that can be our little secret). These are perfect for parties or gifts and can help keep you on track this holiday season!
1 – 1.5 pounds of large red grapes (we go for the larger round ones)
0.5 pound dark chocolate, chopped up for melting (or chips)
0.5 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Separate grapes from their stems.
2. Wash and thoroughly towel dry the grapes, place in a bowl.
3. Melt the chocolate chips or chunks over a double boiler
4. Pour hot melted chocolate over all grapes, start stirring with a spatula while chocolate is hot, making sure all grapes are covered with chocolate.
5. While chocolate is still hot, slowly sprinkle in the cocoa powder, while stirring grapes with spatula. Do this evenly until each grape naturally separates from the other.
Enjoy! * Once they are separated and cooled feel free to decorate with sprinkles, drizzle with white chocolate or place in mini baking cups for some extra holiday cheer!