This recipe can easily be cut in half if fewer servings are needed. It is a colorful side dish for a tailgate party, potluck or holiday dinner.
- 4 carrots, shredded
- 3 small parsnips, shredded
- 2 Granny Smith apples (or any other variety), peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (may substitute raisins or dried cherries)
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts or almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt, pepper or lemon pepper to taste
- Combine carrots, parsnips, apples, cabbage, onion, parsley, cranberries and nuts.
- Add mayonnaise, yogurt, sugar, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all ingredients well.
Calories: 78, Carbohydrate: 14 grams, Protein: 1 gram, Fat: 3 grams, Saturated Fat: 0.1 grams, Fiber: 2 grams, Sodium: 68 milligrams (197 mg with 1 tsp salt), Cholesterol: 0.1 milligrams