This is a delicious and colorful side dish for a pot-luck.
- 1 & 1/2 cups frozen, blanched, shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 jalapeño peppers, split lengthwise and cut crosswise into thin strips
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Prepare edamame according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add celery, onion, garlic and jalapeño to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in edamame, corn and wine; cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat. Stir in salt (if desired) and pepper; sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Analysis with salt added:
Calories: 92, Carbohydrate: 13 grams, Protein: 4 grams, Fat: 3 grams, Saturated Fat: Less than 1/2 gram, Cholesterol: 0 milligrams, Fiber: 2 grams, Sodium: 252 milligrams
Nutrition Analysis without salt:
Sodium: 107 milligrams