One week from today, we’ll be waking up from tryptophan-induced naps and looking into the refrigerator for round 3 of leftovers. If you have leftovers, but are a little tired of turkey, this recipe is definitely for you…
Berry Special Pork Chops
4 – 4 ounce loin chops, trimmed of fat
1⁄4 cup reduced sugar marmalade
4 packets artificial sweetener
3⁄4 cup fresh cranberries
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1) Wash cranberries and crush coarsely. Mix with marmalade, cloves and sweetener.
- 2) Place cranberry mixture in baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray and top with pork loins. Cover.
- 3) Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. During the last 10 minutes of baking remove cover to brown chops.
Calories: 176 Carbohydrate: 8 grams Fat: 5 grams Cholesterol: 72 milligrams Sodium: 58 milligrams Fiber: 1 gram
Exchanges: 3 very lean meats
Protein: 24 grams
- This is an excellent dish to make in the fall when fresh cranberries are available.
- This is a nice dish to serve at a holiday dinner or as a break from all the turkey and ham.
- Reduced sugar marmalade often is lower in carbohydrate than fruit only marmalade. Read the label to be sure.
- Splenda or saccharin will stand up better when heated than aspartame or Equal.
- Pork loin is quite lean if it is trimmed well.
- This is an excellent dish to serve with baked sweet potatoes (or leftover sweet potato casserole).