Fruit-based desserts can contribute to making half your plate fruits and veggies. True to their name, Honeycrisp apples are sweet and crunchy, perfectly delicious raw, but also ideal in baking. And their sweetness lends potential to reducing added sugar, as we did with this apple crisp. Bring this to your next tailgate bash for a sure hit!
1. Place rack in center of oven and preheat to 350 ºF.
2. Place sliced apples, raisins, and lemon juice in 8” x 8” pan or baking dish; toss.
3. In a bowl, mix remaining ingredients except melted margarine.
4. Add melted margarine and mix until texture is consistent. Sprinkle over apple-raisin mixture.
5. Bake uncovered 45-50 minutes or until apples are tender.
Nutritional Information: Calories 330; Total Fat 10 g; Saturated Fat 2 g ; Cholesterol 0; Sodium 60 mg; Total Carbohydrate 60 g; Dietary Fiber 7 g; Total Sugars 25 g; Added Sugars included 9 g; Protein 5 g; Vitamin D 0; Calcium 47 mg; Iron 2 mg; Potassium 416 mg
Source: USDA Mixing Bowl