Buy apples while they are in season and on sale and make batches of these muffins to put in the freezer for later. You can also substitute whole wheat flour to make your muffins heartier and more nutritious.
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Place 6 cupcake holders in baking tin.
3. In a mixing bowl, add milk and applesauce. Stir until blended.
4. Stir in flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix until moistened (do not over mix).
5. Gently stir in the chopped apples.
6. Spoon into cupcake holders.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
8. Cool in pan 5 minutes before serving. Store unused portions in an airtight container.
Optional toppings: raisins, walnuts
Nutritional Information per muffin: Calories 125, Total Fat 1 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 133 g, Total Carbohydrate 28 g, Dietary Fiber 2 g, Total Sugars 14 g, Added Sugars included 9 g, Protein 3 g