Explore the treetops through this introductory climb. On rope and harness, participants will go on an adventure in the canopy, considered a moderately strenuous activity. The Panola Mountain Grove’s featured tree is called ‘Naomi Ruth,’ a Southern Red Oak that stands about 100 feet tall. There are two groups going on this adventure Saturday, Aug. 2. One group starts at 1 p.m. and the second at 3 p.m., and participants are asked to arrive 30 minutes early. Climbers should be 8 years and older. Registration is required; call 770-389-7801. The cost is $15 per participant, plus $5 for parking.
Tree Top Excursions: Introduction Climb
Primary grove location is Panola Mountain State Park, Stockbridge (Rockdale County)
Address is 2600 Highway 155, SW, Stockbridge, GA 30281.
Panola Mountain State Park is located about 18 miles southeast of Atlanta on Georgia Highway 155. From I-20, take exit 68.
- Saturday, Aug. 2
- There are two groups, one starting at 1 p.m. and the other at 3 p.m. Please arrive 30 minutes before the program is set to begin.
- Participants should be at least 8 years of age or older to climb.
- Parking costs $5, and the event costs $15 per person.
- Reservations are required. Register in advance by calling 770-389-7801.
- Contact 770-389-7801 or visit gastateparks.org/treeclimbs with questions.