by Jay Morris
10 Atlanta Hawks Facts You Might Not Have Known
Since Walk Georgia’s fifth annual Night at the Hawks will be swooping in soon on Saturday, February 20, we thought it would be cool to share some fun facts about the Hawks.
So in case you didn’t know….
- The Hawks were actually founded in 1946 under the name the Tri-Cities Blackhawks.
- The Blackhawks moved in 1951 and becamse the Milwaukee Hawks. Interestingly enough, the Atlanta Hawks will be playing against the Milwaukee Bucks for the Night at the Hawks game!
- After four years in Milwaukee, the Milwaukee Hawks became the St. Louis Hawks in 1955.
- In 1958, the St. Louis Hawks won their first NBA Championship.
- 10 years later, the St. Louis Hawks moved to Atlanta, finally becoming the Atlanta Hawks we know and love today!
- The Hawks astonishing 17-game winning streak in January 2015 set an NBA record for the most games one in a single month!
- Atlanta Hawks starters DeMarre Carroll, Al Horford, Kyle Korver, Paul Milsap, and Jeff Teague were all named NBA Players of the Month for January 2015. This was the first time in NBA history that an entire starting team received this award.
- Atlanta Hawk Kyle Korver holds the record for the most 3-point shots made in back-to-back games. Out of 127 games he played back to back, he scored 3-pointers in every single one.
- The Atlanta Hawks’ two biggest rivals are the Boston Celtics and the Orlando Magic.
Now that you know these cool facts, we hope that you’ll join us to see them in action at the Night at the Hawks. Get your tickets here (the $19.00 price ends tomorrow): http://www.nba.com/hawks/2015-16-walk-georgia-night-ticket-offer