It’s Friday again! We hope you have a lot of activities to log this week. Contribute to your county’s point total and help get your community into Walk Georgia’s weekly top five.
Halloween is coming up next week! Have you made an action plan as to how you will balance the Halloween candy with physical activity? Think about this over the next week so you’re ready once the 31st rolls around.
- Welcome November by walking to your local farmers market.
- Portion your candy and use it as a reward for hard work.
- Parents, offer your children the option to exchange candy for a toy.
Top counties for fall pilot, week 7
Here are this week’s top five counties, based on points, for Oct. 18-24:
- Bibb, 153,150 points
- Monroe, 7,003 points
- Clarke, 4,525 points
- Rockdale, 4,261 points
- Madison, 3,591 points
- Based on your feedback, we’ve added some new activities this week: elliptical, active stretching, recumbent biking, disc golf, squats, kickboxing, badminton and cardio session. We hope you’ll find these useful in your physical activity logging. If you think of any more physical activities you’d like to see added, email us at and we’ll work on getting them in the system.
- Get excited about group reporting! Our developers are working on making Walk Georgia group reporting more simple and easy to access, analyze and apply. They’ve been working extensively on this and will be prepared to debut it next week, so stay tuned.
Keep up your physical activity, especially given the amount of candy coming your way, and don’t forget to log it in the Walk Georgia system. Email with any questions or suggestions. We’d love to hear from you!
Move more, live more,
The Walk Georgia Team