Unicoi State Park is one of the most “full service” of all the state parks and offers a variety of opportunities for physical activity year round. To top off your visit, enjoy a delicious meal in the lodge dining room to satisfy that appetite you worked up after a full day in the park.
North Georgia near Anna Ruby Falls and Helen
- Hike either casual or challenging trails. There is an easy path that goes around the lake, or if you are feeling adventurous, you can hike to Anna Ruby Falls. Another trail takes you to Helen.
- Bike on the 7.5 mile single-bike track.
- Swim or canoe on the lake.
- Camp at one of the 82 campsites.
- Picnic at one of the seven shelters.
- Stay overnight in one of the 30 cottages.
- Attend one of the park’s many events such as Saturday evening concerts, holiday celebrations or arts and craft shows.
To learn more about Unicoi State Park and Lodge and make a reservation, visit gastateparks.org.
Originally posted April 26, 2012