Whether you are planning to visit a Georgia State Park or Historic Site or you just happen to stop by one on a whim, “cast” away your worries by fishing – whether you have the fishing equipment or not!
The Fishing Tackle Loaner Program, offered by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division and State Parks and Historic Sites, provides loaner fishing poles and stocked tackle boxes to visitors, for FREE! The goal of the Fishing Tackle Loaner Program is to remove the barrier of needing your own fishing tackle and to encourage fishing activities at Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites.
The Wildlife Resources Division provides rods, reels and tackle box equipment to participating State Parks and Historic Sites Offices. Interested visitors can inquire at the park office and check out the equipment for the day. This program provides a way for budding anglers to try fishing without having to purchase any equipment.
There are currently 25 participating Georgia State Parks and Historic Sites:
- A. H. Stephens (Crawfordville, GA; Taliaferro County)
- Amicalola Falls (Dawsonville, GA; Dawson County)
- Chattahoochee Bend (Newnan, GA; Coweta County)
- Crooked River (St. Mary’s, GA; Camden County)
- Don Carter State Park (Gainesville, GA; Hall County)
- Elijah Clark (Lincolnton, GA; Lincoln County)
- F. D. Roosevelt (Pine Mountain, GA; Harris County)
- Fort Mountain (Chatsworth, GA; Murray County)
- General Coffee (Nicholls, GA; Coffee County)
- George T. Bagby (Fort Gaines, GA; Clay County)
- Georgia Veterans (Cordele, GA; Crisp County)
- Gordonia-Alatamaha (Reidsville, GA; Tattnall County)
- Indian Springs (Flovilla, GA; Butts County)
- Kolomoki Mounds (Blakely, GA; Early County)
- Laura S. Walker (Waycross, GA; Ware County)
- Little Ocmulgee (McRae, GA; Telfair County)
- Magnolia Springs (Millen, GA; Jenkins County)
- Mistletoe (Appling, GA; Columbia County)
- Moccasin Creek (Clarkesville, GA; Habersham County)
- Reed Bingham (Adel, GA; Cook County)
- Richard B. Russell (Elberton, GA; Elbert County)
- Seminole (Donalsonville, GA; Seminole County)
- Tugaloo (Lavonia, GA; Franklin County)
- Unicoi (Helen, GA; White County)
- Victoria Bryant (Royston, GA; Franklin County)
More information on the Fishing Tackle Loaner Program.