Using Pesticides Wisely – Georgia 2023.
- As mandated by federal labels, one must hold a private or commercial pesticide applicator license to purchase and use the restricted use herbicides Engenia, XtendiMax, and Tavium. Use is limited to ONLY those persons holding a private or commercial applicator certification. It is no longer permissible for non- certified applicators to apply these products under the direct supervision of the certified applicator.
- Prior to applying these products in 2023, ALL applicators must be trained according to the federal labels. In Georgia, applicators must complete the 2023 UPW classroom training with locations provided below. Individual and/or on-line trainings WILL NOT be available for 2023.
- Those needing pesticide credit but not applying Engneia, XtendiMax, or Tavium are welcome to attend.
- Bring your pesticide license; 2 hours of pesticide credit for private or commercial will be offered.
- The meeting will last about 1.5 hours; NO beverages or meals will be provided.
- Attendee’s names will be placed on a list posted to the Georgia Department of Agriculture’s auxin website at https://agr.georgia.gov/dicamba; this link is different than in previous years!
|2023 UPW Training Locations|
|Date, Time||County||RSVP #|
|Location and Address|
|Mar 7, 9 am||Pulaski||478-783-1171 (max 200)||Pulaski Co. Rec Depart., 153 Lower River Rd, Hawkinsville GA 31036|
|Mar 7, 1:30 pm||Tift||229-386-7274 (350 max)||Tifton Campus Conf. Center, 15 RDC Road, Tifton, GA 31793|
|Mar 15, 1:30 pm||Taylor||478-862-5496 (250 max)||Flint Energies, 3 South Macon Street, Reynolds, GA 31706|
|Mar 17, 9 am||Colquitt||229-616-7455 (175 max)||Colquitt Co. Ex. Office, 350 Veterans Parkway N, Moultrie, GA 31788|
|Mar 22, 9 am||Coffee||not necessary||Coffee High School, 159 Trojan Way, Douglas, GA 31533|
|Apr 5, 1:30 pm||Mitchell||229-336-2066 (250 max)||Mitchell Co. Ag Center, 4590 GA Hwy 37 East, Camilla, GA 31730|
|Apr 6, 9 am||Terrell||229-995-2165 (150 max)||152 N Main Street, Dawson, GA 39842|
|Apr 6, 1:30 PM||Lowndes||229-333-5185 (70 max)||Lowndes County Ext. Office, 2102 East Hill Ave, Valdosta, GA 31601|
|Apr 12, 1:30 pm||Tift||229-386-7274 (350 max)||Tifton Campus Conf. Center, 15 RDC Road, Tifton, GA 31793|
|Apr 14, 9 am||Sumter||229-924-4476 (75 max)||Sumter Ext. Office, 127 William Bowen Point, Americus, GA 31719|