Spray the stain with amyl acetate. Test colored fabrics to be sure dye will not bleed. If sponging the stain does not remove the plastic, cover the stain with a pad moistened with solvent and leave it until the plastic has softened. Then sponge with solvent until all traces of plastic have been removed.
- Always read the care label before trying any stain removal method. Do not use any products or procedures prohibited by the care label.
- Be careful any time a commercial product or combination of cleaning supplies are used.
- Always pretest each cleaning agent on an inconspicuous area first to determine colorfastness.
- Be sure to store and dispose of products/cans/containers as recommended. Keep out of reach of children.
- When using caustic or commercial cleaning solutions, be certain to provide for adequate ventilation.