Are you excited to get to work on your 4-H portfolio? Ready to start researching your topic for fair mini-booths? Just wanting to meet with the 4-H staff about a community service project idea? Good news–After working from home since March, the 4-H staff are back at the office. We look forward to seeing your smiling faces.
Due to COVID-19, we do have some new procedures in place for visiting the 4-H staff in their offices. First, you will need to call and set up an appointment. Appointments can be scheduled from 10 a.m. – Noon and 1 p.m. – 4 p.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. We recommend no more than two youth attend the same appointment time unless they are from the same household.
Once you arrive at the Extension Office, you will need to be screened by the 4-H staff prior to entering the 4-H area or staff offices. The intake screening process includes:
- A temperature check (Temperature must be under 100.4 degrees to participate in 4-H for that day.)
- A screening form (This form will ask if you have exhibited any symptoms of COVID-19 or been in contact with anyone you know has COVID-19.)
- Approval of screening form (The 4-H staff will make sure all your responses on the form meet screening requirements.)
Once you have completed the screening form, you may enter the building. Youth will be asked to remain in the 4-H area of the building so as not to be exposed to other clients who may enter the building. While at the Extension office, youth will also need to . . .
- Wear a cloth or disposable face mask (should cover mouth and nose)
- Participate in social distancing (youth will be encouraged to maintain distance between themselves and other 4-H’ers, as well as between themselves and Extension staff while in the office)
- Wash hands and sanitize frequently (hand sanitizer will be provided)
We understand that these things can sometimes be inconvenient, but they are required for participation in face-to-face 4-H activities at this time due to UGA policies and guidelines. Things may look a little different for a while, but we are looking forward to finally seeing some of our 4-H’ers in person soon.
To set up an appointment with the 4-H staff, please call us at (912) 557-6724 and dial extension #4. We look forward to working with you soon!