Lanier and Clinch County share one University of Georgia Agriculture & Natural Resources Agent. She is typically in Lanier County on Monday/Wednesday/Friday and in Clinch County on Tuesday/Thursday. If you have a crop or livestock issue that is time sensitive, don’t hesitate to call any day.
Learn more about your Ag Agent below!
Kim (Kester) Post started as the Lanier & Clinch County Agriculture & Natural Resources Agent in October 2017. She has a background in dairy cattle, poultry, small ruminants, and honey bees. Kim holds degrees from University of Wisconsin – Madison (BS, dairy science and poultry science), Iowa State University (MS, agricultural education & Extension services), and University of Florida (MS, entomology). She is passionate about all things agriculture. Kim enjoys learning new things about southern crops and assisting livestock owners.
Contact Kim for help with the following issues and more!
Lanier 229-482-3895, Clinch 912-487-2169, Cell 715-572-5391
- Disease troubleshooting in commercial crops or home gardens
- General livestock issues (anything requiring medication/antibiotics will need to be referred to a veterinarian)
- Guidance on seasonal pesticide application recommendations
- Soil samples, plant tissue samples, water samples
- … and more! Just call and ask.
If there is something Kim hasn’t seen before, don’t worry! We have access to University of Georgia specialists and diagnostic labs to help you figure out your crop and livestock problem.