XtendiMax, Engenia, and FeXapan: New Regulations for 2019
1) A pesticide license is required to purchase or apply these products.
2) All applicators must be trained through UGA’s Using Pesticides Wisely (UPW).
3) Can only apply through 60 days after planting cotton or 45 days after planting soybeans.
4) Can only make up to 2 POST applications in cotton and soybeans.
5) Can only apply between 1 hour after sunrise and 2 hours before sunset (wind still has to be between 3 and 10 mph).
6) Updated record keeping within 72 hours and add planting date.
7) Labels suggest to test for spray solution pH and add a buffering agent if solution pH is less than 5.
8) Do not apply when wind is blowing in direction of sensitive crops and/or residential areas.
9) If there are no sensitive crops or residential areas downwind, then downwind buffers remain. 110 ft but there is a new 57 ft omni-directional (all sides) buffer required in certain counties where endangered terrestrial dicot plants grow (visit www.epa.gov/espp/ to understand if you have endangered species near you.
10) Do not apply if expected rainfall within 24 hours of application could exceed soil field capacity.
Enlist One and Enlist Duo
1) All persons in charge of application must be trained.