Yesterday saw great information being shared among producers, crop insurance agents, FSA- and UGA- representatives at the joint producer meeting in Tifton. The conversations were civil though some frustrations remained about the delay in ECP payments as well as the intricacies of payment for pecan yeild loss & damage under WHIP/WHIP+.
This meeting will be replicated in other locations in GA through this Friday, see the full list in this CAES Media Newswire article by Clint Thompson.
Some of the highlighted information from my notes include:
- Payments, if triggered – for 2019 = Oct 1, 2020, for 2020 – Oct 1, 2021…..etc.
- P-nuts in GA almost 100% PLC in the past
- Ave Price = last 5 years “available” = 2013-2017
- Texas A&M Decision Aid – Need to give/make an email + password – Look for highest expected payments
- ARC/PLC payments coming in, seed cotton will be payed starting next month (Nov)
- Deadline for the 2019 election is Mar 15, 2020 – no rush, waiting longer = more info but just don’t wait last minute – This election is good 2020, 2021-23 turns annual
- Implemented 2018, second round in 2019 – July – Dec 2019
- 3 payments possible, Aug & Nov 2019 as well as Jan 2020 depending on retaliatory tariffs status
- Need a 2019 Acreage Report on file @ FSA
- Specialty Crops – Nuts (Pecans) – National Rate = $146/A
- Dairy Payment Rate – $0.20/CWT – Hogs = $11.00/ live head
- $500,000 payment limitation
Disaster Programs –
- 2017 WHIP amended to include Peach & Blueberry losses
- 2018-2019 WHIP+ – WHIP Factor between 65-95% dependent on insurance
- WHIP+ – Linkage applies – crop for the next two available crop years, 2022-2023 need minimum insurance coverage – Payment limitation $125,000 per person/legal entity
- 2018-19 WHIP+ – Milk Program for dumped product – Feb 2020 application deadline – $125,000 cap
- Takes Co FSA offices 2-3 hours to process one WHIP(+) application
Most of the meeting was recorded and can be found here at the GA Peanut’s Facebook page. Though currently the video is turned on its side.
Please contact myself (229-417-7062) or our FSA office for inquiries.