The Soil & Water Conservation Districts, Resource Conservation & Development Councils, Georgia Soil & Water Conservation Commission, UGA Cooperative Extension, Georgia Grazing Lands Coalition and USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service are hosting a series of forums to learn about what soil health is and to get a deeper understanding of its guiding principles as it relates to Georgia.
We believe that soil health is vital to being able to feed a growing global population. After attending one of these sessions and hearing from our panel of experts, you will see why. Topics planned to be discussed (subject to change) include:
• Discuss the role of advancing soil health and cover crop use locally;
• Common cover crops and mixes and selecting the right one for you;
• Soil health assessment, baselines and monitoring progress;
• Nitrogen credit/assessment tools (Statesboro session only);
• The economics behind soil health;
• Producer perspectives.