As many of you have heard, the EPA has made some label changes to paraquat dichloride (Gramoxone, Firestorm, etc) that will require all certified applicators to complete a training program before using this product. I have attached a link to the EPA website where you can find the training program and more information on this change. A few things to note:
- This only applies to products labeled for 2019. Any products labeled before 2019 will not apply.
- Under the new label, only certified applicators who have a pesticide license and have completed this training will be able to load, mix, and/or apply paraquat. No longer will persons under the direct supervision of a certified applicator be able to use the product.
- The training will have to be completed once every 3 years.
- I have taken the training, and it should not take longer than 45 minutes of your time. 30 minutes of that will be watching the video.
- The training will hopefully change the way you handle paraquat. It definitely opened my eyes, and I will be much more careful using this product in the future.
- If you have any questions and need help with the training, please call.